SHORT N SWEET- 5 TIPS TO STOP AND PAUSE
One of the greatest habits that you can learn is to stop, slow down and pause. Our lives have become go, go, go. There is no space for rest, recovery and rejuvenation. Here’s a few tips:
- start your day with 5-10 minutes of quiet reflection, contemplation or meditation. It sets the tone for the day
- nature– spend some time in nature every day. You will see that nature is not in a hurry.
- mindfulness– remove knee jerk noise from your life such as immediately turning on the radio when getting in the car or switching on the TV when you get home
- breathe– use deep breathing as a means of creating a speed break in your daily life. Set an alarm every hour and pause and take 3 to 5 deep breaths and relax
- do nothing once a week. Tell yourself that it’s ok to relax, rest and do nothing. We have been brainwashed into constant doing.
By establishing boundaries on the “doing” aspects of your life, and creating time for space, you will automatically remove a great deal of stress and tension from your life.
Back to basics!
In Health and Wellness